NapaSan offers free tours of the Soscol Water Recycling Facility, a state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant. These tours are available for:
- Students of all ages, from elementary school to college level. We tailor the tour to your group.
- Organizations, service clubs, business and industry groups.
- Any group with an interest in wastewater treatment and water quality protection.
A tour of the Soscol Water Recycling Facility will satisfy your curiosity on these exciting topics, and more:
- Wastewater treatment
- Water recycling
- Biosolids reuse
- Pollution prevention
- Water quality protection
Flexible & Fun!
Our tours support California curriculum standards, and can be tailored to suit specific age groups, knowledge levels and interests. You’ll get an inside look at an essential community service and have fun at the same time!
Interested in drinking water and recycling too? You can schedule a three-part field trip that includes tours of the wastewater treatment plant, the Jamieson Canyon Water Treatment Plant (drinking water) and the Napa Recycling and Composting Facility. Bus stipends are available for school groups.
To schedule a tour of NapaSan’s wastewater treatment plant, please contact Stephanie Turnipseed, Outreach Coordinator, or call (707) 258-6002.
Classroom Presentations for K-6:
Interactive classroom presentations introduce elementary school students to the importance of wastewater treatment and what THEY can do to prevent pollution. In the presentation, your students will learn about:
- Wastewater treatment: the good, the bad & the ugly!
- Recycled water - how it's treated and what it's used for.
- Biosolids - how sewage sludge becomes a soil amendment.
- The difference between wastewater and stormwater.
- What they can do to protect water quality and community health.
To schedule a classroom presentation, please contact Stephanie Turnipseed, Outreach Coordinator, or call (707) 258-6002.