Proposed Recycled Water Rate Information
NapaSan hired Carollo Engineers, Inc. to conduct a cost of service study regarding recycled water rates. The costs and revenues from the recycled water and the wastewater systems must be appropriately allocated. This study was conducted to look at the allocation of costs and revenues from both systems and recommend any necessary changes to the recycled water rate structure. The Cost of Service Recycled Water Rate Study can be viewed here. Carollo engineers examined NapaSan's recycled water system costs, revenue necessary to appropriately maintain the system, and future recycled water demand. As a result of this study, the changes to the current recycled water rate structure shown in the tables below were recommended.
Existing Recycled Water Rates
Peak Rate (April to November)
Off-Peak Rate (December-February)
Storage Rate (March)
Large Volume Rate (min. 150 AFY) (2)
Monthly Fixed Charge (May to October)
1. Under the existing rate structure, the 2022 rates in the table above would increase by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) plus 2% in 2023.
2. Large volume rate is for customers using over 150 acre-feet of recycled water during the months of May-October.
Proposed Recycled Water Rates
Storage Rate (February-March) (3)
Large Volume Rate (min. 150 AFY) (4)
Monthly Fixed Charge (May to October) (5)
3. Storage rate would apply to customers with on-site recycled water storage reservoirs for water received during the months of
February-March. Water received by these customers during the months of June-August will be subject to a 25% rate surcharge.
4. Large volume rate is for customers using over 150 acre-feet of recycled water during the months of May-October.
5. Monthly fixed charge would be eliminated by the new rate structure.
6. Rates after 2023 would increase by CPI plus 3% annually.
On July 20, 2022, NapaSan approved the Cost of Service Recycled Water Rate Study. In September, the NapaSan Board of Directors will consider adopting the new rate structure shown above. If approved, the rates will go into effect on January 1, 2023.
If you have questions about these proposed recycled water rates, please call us at (707)258-6000.