- Recycled Water
- Hauled Recycled Water
Hauled Recycled Water
NapaSan produces high quality recycled water that can be safely used for irrigation. For customers not connected to a recycled water pipeline, it's possible for recycled water to be hauled to a property by truck.
Customers can either haul the water themselves or hire a company to haul the recycled water to their property: NapaSan does not provide recycled water delivery by truck.
Recycled water production and use is regulated by the state of California. NapaSan is the local agency responsible for issuing permits for all recycled water uses in its sphere of influence, including truck hauling.
Requirements for Hauling Recycled Water
Four essential program requirements must be met prior to the commencement of hauling recycled water.
1. An agreement must be entered into between the recycled water user and NapaSan which sets forth the reuse program authority and contractually binds the user to abide by the reuse program rules.
2. Each truck or tank that will be used to transport recycled water must be labeled to notify the public, users, and workers, that recycled water is being hauled in the tank, and that it is not fit for human consumption. Inspection by NapaSan staff will verify that this requirement has been met.
3. Training by NapaSan will be provided to the truck driver regarding the procedures to follow when filling the truck tank under normal conditions, and what to do in case of an emergency.
4. NapaSan will issue a truck hauling permit to the user, which must be carried in the truck at all times. An annual fee of $50 is required at the time of permit issuance.
Storage and Distribution
If the recycled water will be stored onsite in a pond or tank, these facilities must be inspected by NapaSan staff. In addition, before distributing the water through a fixed irrigation system, a cross connection assessment must be made. Each agricultural operation is unique; NapaSan will provide the guidance necessary for the successful use of recycled water on your property.
Two recycled water fill stations are available for customer use. The first station is located at NapaSan's facility at 1515 Soscol Ferry Road, Napa. The other station is located on Coombsville Road just east of Silverado Middle School. These stations are accessible Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm.
The current price for recycled water can be found here.
To obtain a permit to haul recycled water, please download, fill out, and sign the agreement at the link below:
Agreement for the Purchase and Sale of Recycled Water
Trucked Recycled Water Permit Application
Once you have completed and signed the agreement, please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
The annual $50.00 permit can be paid online or via check, which can be mailed or dropped off at our office at 1515 Soscol Ferry Road in Napa. Online payment options include e-check and credit card, which have processing fees of $1.50 and 2.34% respectively. Our online payment portal can be accessed here: http://napasan.com/243/Pay-Your-Bill.
How to fill out the fields in the online payment portal:
For Name, please note the payer’s name.
For the Invoice Number, please type “RW Truck Hauling Permit”.
For the Customer Number, please type Company Name, if different from the Name Field.
All trucks or tanks that will be used to haul recycled water must have appropriate signage. Vinyl stickers for tanks or trucks can be purchased from NapaSan for $11.96 each. Three stickers are required per truck or tank. Note- These stickers can be purchased when the truck or tank inspection is conducted.
After payment of the permit fee, contact Kyle Tahsler at (707)312-1609 or email@example.com.
After training and vehicle inspection are complete, you will receive your executed permit.
- Bay Area Recycled Water Truck Fill Location Guide (PDF)
- Bay Area Recycled Water Truck Fill Station Map @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>